Chris is a principal of the firm and a Certified Specialist in Immigration & Nationality Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. He leads the firm's H-1B practice group, which focuses on nonimmigrant visa petitions and applications for H-1B, TN, E-3, and H-1B1 visas, as well as providing advice to employers of F-1 students working pursuant to Optional Practical Training, counseling companies hosting B-1 visitors, and working on inadmissibility matters for nonimmigrants and immigrants. Chris has also worked in the firm's employment-based permanent residence group, providing him with expertise in PERM labor certification applications, I-140 immigrant visa petitions, and adjustment of status applications. Chris is recognized as outstanding in the field by SuperLawyers® and has held leadership positions in the American Immigration Lawyers Associations Northern California Chapter for many years. He currently serves as the Chapter’s Liaison to the local office for U.S. Customs & Border Protection.
Prior to joining the firm, Chris acquired immigration law experience in deportation defense firms in San Francisco and London, United Kingdom. He also served as a Legal Research Attorney at the Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco. While earning his LL.M. degree at Boalt Hall (Berkeley Law), Chris was Senior Articles Editor of the Berkeley Journal of Employment and Labor Law. At Oxford, where he earned his U.K. graduate law degree, he was Associate Editor of the Oxford University Commonwealth Law Journal.
Honors & Awards:
- AILA NorCal Liaison to U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s San Francisco Field Office, 2016 to present
- Selected for inclusion as a Rising Star in the Northern California Super Lawyers® since 2015
- Senior Articles Editor, Berkeley Journal of Employment & Labor Law
- Associate Editor, Oxford University Commonwealth Law Journal
- Albert Kiralfy Prize (Best Dissertation) In History of English Law (King’s College, London)
Memberships & Admissions:
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Immigration Courts and the Board of Immigration Appeals
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- LL.B., King’s College, London (First Class Honors)
- B.C.L., University of Oxford
- LL.M., University of California, Berkeley