Brenda is Senior Attorney and Practice Group Leader in matters involving extraordinary ability, outstanding professors and researchers, exceptional ability, and national interest waivers. She has developed a reputation for successfully handling difficult and complex cases in these areas, frequently serving as an invited speaker.
Brenda received multiple academic excellence awards when she earned her J.D. from the University of Memphis Law School. She is a longtime mentor for the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), advising member attorneys on handling complex cases in the “extraordinary,” “outstanding,” “exceptional,” and “national interest” areas.
Prior to her career as a lawyer, Brenda was an award-winning journalist. After receiving her graduate Journalism degree from Northwestern, she worked as a television news reporter, taught broadcast journalism at her alma mater, and served on the Board of Directors of KQED, one of the largest affiliates of the national Public Broadcasting Service.
Honors & Awards:
- AILA NorCal Chapter, past Advisory Council Member
- National Coalition of Legal Professionals, past governing board member
- American Immigration Council’s Community Education Center, past committee member
Memberships & Admissions:
- State Bar of Tennessee
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Master of Journalism, Northwestern University
- J.D. University of Memphis Law School