Amber is an associate attorney on the nonimmigrant team. She practices in all areas of U.S. immigration law and has deep expertise in employment-based and family-based matters as well as removal defense, including asylum, waivers, and immigration consequences of crimes.
Prior to joining the firm, she practiced for several years with two other boutique Bay Area immigration law firms, as well as ran her own solo practice. During law school at UC Hastings, she was a Public Interest Law Scholar, focusing on international human rights and immigration issues. In this connection, she worked at the Center for Justice and Accountability on Alien Tort Claim Litigation and worked on asylum cases at the Center for Gender and Refugee Studies.
Before becoming a lawyer, Amber had a successful career in international business in finance and engineering with an international mobile communications corporation, including working abroad for a startup in Madrid to build the first private GSM network in Spain. She also served as an extern with the U.S. Trade Consul in Toronto, Canada, to assist Americans in expanding their businesses abroad under NAFTA.
Honors & Awards:
- Public Interest Law Scholar, UC Hastings
Memberships & Admissions:
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Immigration Courts and the Board of Immigration Appeals
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- B.A. University of Notre Dame
- M.I.M. (Master of International Management) Thunderbird School of Global Management
- J.D. University of California Hastings College of the Law