Phyllis is a principal of the firm, which she founded in 1996 under the firm’s prior name, Jewell & Associates. She is a Certified Specialist in Immigration & Nationality Law (State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization). Consistently recognized as a practitioner at the top of the field of U.S. immigration, Phyllis has a reputation for solving tough problems and developing consistently successful and scalable immigration programs for fast-growth companies. Phyllis currently serves as the firm’s Managing Attorney.
Since she began her career in immigration law in 1985, Phyllis has practiced in all areas of U.S. immigration law and has developed a particular focus on the representation of foreign nationals and their employers in the full range of employment-related U.S. immigration matters. In addition to advising on nonimmigrant and immigrant matters, she provides counsel on organizational immigration compliance, policy development, export controls, and global migration.
Honors & Awards:
- Peer-review rated AV® Preeminent™ by Martindale-Hubbell
- American Immigration Lawyers Association’s NorCal Chapter elected officer 1992-1996; member of Chapter Executive Committee 1991-1997; member of national committees 1992-1993
- Selected for inclusion in the Northern California Super Lawyers® since 2004
- Selected for inclusion in Who’s Who for Corporate Immigration
- Co-Chair, Vice Chair, and Chair, Barristers Immigration Committee for the Bar Association of San Francisco, 1989-1991
- Pro bono volunteer, ProBar
Memberships & Admissions:
- State Bar of California
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- B.A. Pomona College
- J.D. Tulane University Law School
- Post-graduate law studies, Université Pierre Mendès-France (Grenoble II), France