Immigration Paralegal or Legal Assistant
Jewell Stewart & Pratt PC, a nationally-recognized business immigration law firm in San Francisco, has an opening for a part-time or full-time Paralegal or Legal Assistant. You will work primarily with our firm’s H-1B+ group on matters requiring direct client contact. It’s an exciting time to be part of a changing area of law, and this is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced firm of stellar staff who practice with passion.
Working closely with your supervising lawyer and paralegal, you will:
- Prepare H-1B petitions, consular H-1B1 and E-3 applications, and POE and mail-in TN applications.
- Correspond with clients to gather documents and information, and answer questions about their visa process.
- Use case management skills to monitor case milestones and meet legal and client deadlines.
- Organize and maintain case documents, following the firm’s standard procedures.
- Use meticulous attention to detail to produce error-free forms and correspondence.
- Use research and written communication skills to draft applications and petitions.
- Apply knowledge of USCIS filing requirements and courier processes to ensure correct and timely filings.
All levels of experience are encouraged to apply. You should have:
- Ability to work at a fast pace and prioritize your workload.
- Strong organization, attention to detail, and communication skills.
- Intermediate MS Office skills: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness, and good judgment.
- Desire to learn and grow in the field of immigration law
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
Big-firm benefits, small-firm collegiality, and a work-life balance.
- Work with top professionals in the field, and great clients.
- Training, open-door support, and room to advance.
- Opportunity to support the larger immigration bar with pro bono cases.
To apply: send your resume and brief statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Paralegal" in the subject line.
We are not accepting applications for this position from lawyers, JDs, or LLMs.