Immigration Paralegals (San Francisco)
Jewell Stewart & Pratt PC is recruiting experienced Paralegals for its San Francisco (FiDi) office. We’re looking for motivated, organized, client service-oriented professionals with at least one year of full-time immigration paralegal experience to support the firm’s nonimmigrant visa practice.
Working closely with your supervising lawyer(s) on the firm’s NIV team, you will:
- Prepare nonimmigrant visa (primarily H-1B, TN, E-3, and H-1B1) applications and petitions for submission to U.S. government agencies
- Correspond by email with clients to gather documents and information and to answer questions about their visa processes.
- Use case management system/database and project management skills to monitor case milestones, follow up with clients, and meet both legal and client-relations deadlines
- Organize and maintain case documents, files, and subject-matter resources following the firm’s standard procedures
- Exercise meticulous attention to detail to produce error-free forms, letters, and related legal work product
- Use research skills, broad general knowledge, and superior written communication skills to draft supporting letters for NIV applications and petitions
- Apply knowledge of USCIS filing requirements and courier processes to properly assemble applications and petitions and ensure correct and timely filings
- Strong organizational skills, detail-orientation, and oral/written communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to do fast-paced work, multi-task, prioritize workload, and work independently
- Demonstrated initiative, resourcefulness and good judgment
- Desire to learn and grow in the field of immigration law
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- At least one year of full-time immigration paralegal experience (NIV experience preferred)
Jewell Stewart & Pratt PC’s employees enjoy generous benefits (medical, dental, vision), a 401(k) retirement plan with employer contributions, subsidized continuing legal education, and the potential for professional growth and advancement
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.