Marzieh is an associate with the firm’s nonimmigrant practice group. Her practice focuses on H-1B, O-1, L-1, and other visa matters for highly skilled professionals. Prior to joining the firm, Marzieh worked for two prominent business immigration law firms in San Francisco, handling both high-volume and small accounts in immigrant matters involving persons of extraordinary ability, outstanding researchers, and multinational managers; and a range of nonimmigrant matters including H-1B, L-1, and O-1 visa filings.
Marzieh has experienced U.S. immigration processes first-hand, and her life in America and the challenges she faced creating it demonstrated to her the significant role immigration attorneys can play in clients’ lives. Marzieh is passionate about pro bono service for asylum applicants and refugees and has volunteered at the International Rescue Committee and East Bay Sanctuary Covenant where she helped to reunite families and keep them together.
Honors & Awards:
- Certificate of Recognition for Commitment to Public Interest and Pro Bono (UC Berkeley)
- Boalt Immigration Group and California Asylum Representation Clinic (UC Berkeley)
Memberships & Admissions:
- State Bar of California
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Bachelor of Law, University of Esfahan (Iran)
- LL.M. in International Law, University of Nottingham (U.K.)
- LL.M., University of California, Berkeley
- Bilingual in English and Farsi