Wendy is a principal of the firm and a Certified Specialist in Immigration & Nationality Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization. Wendy practices in all areas of U.S. immigration law, with a primary focus on leading the firm’s employment-based permanent residency practice group. She has represented clients with PERM labor certification and I-140 issues since the U.S. Department of Labor inaugurated the PERM program in 2005, and she has been an invited speaker on PERM subjects. Wendy is highly regarded for her expertise in navigating the complex regulatory environment surrounding PERM labor certifications, as well as immigrant and nonimmigrant petitions.
Wendy received her LL.B. from the University of Western Ontario (Canada) and was called to the bar of Ontario as a Barrister and Solicitor. After a career as a research lawyer for the Law Society of Ontario, and working for a prominent Canadian national law firm, Wendy migrated to the United States, where she earned an LL.M. (Honors) degree with a concentration in Immigration Law, from Golden Gate University School of Law.
Honors & Awards:
- Selected for inclusion in Who’s Who for Corporate Immigration, 2018
- Canada-U.S. Law Institute Writing Prize
- Pro bono panel, Legal Services for Children
- Pro bono volunteer, ProBar
Memberships & Admissions:
- State Bar of California
- Law Society of Ontario (formerly the Law Society of Upper Canada)
- U.S. Immigration Courts and the Board of Immigration Appeals
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- LL.B. University of Western Ontario (Canada)
- LL.M. (Honors) with Immigration Law concentration, Golden Gate University School of Law