News Release from Jewell & Associates, PC
The Department of Labor (DOL) has announced that it will make copies of H-1B, H-1B1, E-3, H-2A, H-2B, and PERM labor certification documents, as submitted by employers, available to the general public through its iCERT system in a searchable Labor Certification Registry (LCR).
The LCR will provide access to copies of labor certification and labor condition application (LCA) documents in a single location. Public access to the LCR will begin on July 1, 2013. It will provide the following features:
- An interactive map displaying all labor certification and LCA documents posted within the last 30 calendar days;
- A “quick search” feature allowing queries by employer name, job title, industry, state or territory, zip code radius, and/or visa classification;
- An advanced search feature allowing queries by occupation, industry, education and training, range of wage offers, worker positions requested, and dates of employment;
- Search results in table format with sortable column headings, the ability to filter the search results, and quick links to view or download the document; and
- Access to OFLC's latest program performance reports and case file datasets to allow in-depth statistical research and analysis.
DOL’s stated aim for the LCR is to provide extra transparency for the labor certification system while protecting information in compliance with privacy and confidentiality statutes. Data to be redacted in the documents should include the employer’s Federal Employer Identification Number and revenue, and the name, address and class of admission of the foreign worker.
For more information see the Federal Register, here.
By Christopher Beckerson. © Jewell & Associates, PC 2013