UPDATE: USCIS publishes information regarding H-4 EAD procedure

News Release from Jewell & Associates, PC We previously posted here about USCIS's announcement that, starting May 26, 2015, it would begin accepting applications for employment authorization from certain H-4 spouses of H-1B nonimmigrants who are in the employment-based lawful permanent residence (green card) process. USCIS has now published the following information to help prospective applicants:

Under the rule, eligible applicants will be required to file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with the required $380 fee and the documents establishing their eligibility. USCIS usually adjudicates Form I-765 within 90 days; if employment authorization is approved, the applicant will receive an EAD. Once the H-4 spouse receives an EAD, he or she may begin working in the United States.

Applications will not be accepted by USCIS before Tuesday, May 26, 2015.

© Jewell & Associates, PC 2015